Blog Action Day is run by a small team of volunteers and we need your to help.
We have two important roles available that we urgently need multiple volunteers for, Country Editors and Social Media & Blogger Outreach. We encourage people from all country and language backgrounds to apply for these roles.
To qualify as volunteer we ask that you be interested in blogging, enthusiastic and positive . We also need you to have and have a conversational level of English reading and writing skills. Blog Action Day volunteers can be located anywhere in the world, but must be able to supply your own access to the internet and computer.
In return for your time, Blog Action Day will provide you with a reference upon request, based on your work and feedback from the other volunteers. Best of all, you will get the chance to network and develop connections with interesting bloggers around the world.
Important notice: Blog Action Day can not offer any financial, visa or long-term opportunities to anyone who volunteers for Blog Action Day. If you have any questions, or other ideas about how you could help Blog Action Day, please email us. We will get back to you as quickly as possibly.
Social Media and Blogger Outreach
Our Social Media and Blogger Outreach volunteers, will use the time before October 16, 2014 to encourage more bloggers to take part in Blog Action Day.
- Follow the Blog Action Day social media profiles, and then re-tweet or share aBlog Action Day updates to your own networks.
- Identifying organisations that work on issues covered by our theme, high profile content creators or networks of bloggers, vloggers, podcasters, in your region or networks that the Blog Action Day team can invite to participate in Blog Action Day.
- Sharing Blog Action Day posts produce by others on October 15 – 17 that you like with the hashtags #inequality #Blogactionday
Country Editors will need to:
- Before Blog Action Day: Follow the Blog Action Day social media profiles, and then re-tweet or share aBlog Action Day updates to your own networks.
- During the week of Blog Action Day October 15 – 17: Select Blog Action Day posts from our registered participants list and leave positive comments on their posts, thanking them for taking part.
- Share posts you like with the Blog Action Day team so they can be included in the live coverage of Blog Action Day. Also, if the country you are covering uses languages other than English, write a brief sentence in English, discussing why the posts are great, so we can encourage people from different languages to look at each others posts.