Sometimes, developing your blog post, vlog, podcast, photo or graphic design for Blog Action Day can be a little bit daunting. Here are some helpful tips to you can use to create your post, get people to engage with what you have done and get the most out of taking part in Blog Action Day.
If you have any suggestions, ideas or tips, leave them a comment below.
Start developing your Blog Action Day post now!
- Don’t leave it until October 16 to start pulling your post together.
- If you aren’t sure of what you will put in your post, record what your responses you have to relevant organisations, our partners and other people’s blogs on our theme #inequality.
- Take a look at the conversations the Blog Action Day team have had with our partners about inequality or search the web for inequality. Power tip. Take a look at these videos on inequality that we pulled together.
- Post about why you are taking part in this year’s event. What does the theme INEQUALITY means to you, your friends and community.
- Encourage your friends, family and people who currently read your blog to also take part in Blog Action Day.
- Add the official Blog Action Day participant badges and images to your post or site, and link back to blogactionday.org site.
- Make sure you use mention Blog Action Day 2014 and Inequality in your posts and descriptions. If you know how to add tags or labels to your posts use these #inequality, #BAD2014, #BAD14, #Blogaction14, Blog Action Day and Inequality in the tag section of your blog post. Power Tip. Read How to add Keywords, Tags and Labels from Mumsnet Blog Newtwork
Promoting your Blog Action Day Participation
- Mention that you are taking part in Blog Action Day on your social media accounts and link to our registration page.
- Here is a suggested update
“I’m registered. Are you? ==> Take part in Blog Action Day and join amazing global discussion about #inequality http://j.mp/RpDiS0 #bad2014“
- Use our hashtags in your social media updates #inequality, #BAD2014, #BAD14, #Blogaction14, Blog Action Day and Inequality
- Follow us on our social media accounts. The links are at the top left of this page.
- Promote any posts or content you make for Blog Action Day with the #inequality and #bad2014 hashtags, and tell our twitter @blogactionday12, we will re-tweet or favourite you.
- Take a look at the Blog Action Day participant list and check out other blogs from your country or interest area, get in contact with them and promote each other’s blogs on your site or networks.
On Blog Action Day, October 16, 2012
- Think about writing/scheduling your blog the day before, so on Blog Action Day you can post you blog early and spend the day looking and commenting at other Blog Action Day participants.
- If you see other Blog Action Day posts you like, promote and link to them and ask them to do the same with your post.
- Remember to actually post your blog, you will be surprised by how many people forget.
- Tell your friends, family and people who currently read your blog to share your posts on social media and add comments.
- Use social media to announce your blog using #inequality, #BAD2014, #BAD14, #Blogaction14, Blog Action Day and Inequality and send your link to our twitter @blogactionday12, so we can re-tweet you.
Do you have any other tips or ideas?